Find Us on Facebook!

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Apricot Asian Chicken

Fridays are very busy! Coach M and I are running a soccer camp and its on Fridays...and that means between regular work stuff, kids stuff, jewelry stuff...I was happy to pull a meal from the freezer to thaw overnight so we could enjoy it after chasing the soccer balls for the majority of the day!

I do have to express how much my family enjoyed this meal. We even ate it for leftovers, AND that says it all, right there!

Apricot Asian Chicken:

Ingredients:

  • 1 jar Apricot Pineapple Jam
  • 1 Lipton Onion soup mix
  • 1 Frozen bag Asian style vegitables with liquid seasoning (if you don't have the extra liquid seasoning, add 4 Tbs Hoison sauce)
  • 2 tsp fresh minced ginger
  • 1 can water chestnuts
  • 4 large chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch lengthwise strips.
  • 1/2 cup cashews, add to garnish

Preheat oven to 375. Put all ingredients (except for last) into 9X13 pan. Stir til chicken and vegetables are coated well. Bake for 40 minutes.

If you are eating it right away, garnish with Cashews. Otherwise put into a labeled gallon ziplock bag (With date & ingredients), lay flat and freeze.

I reheated the meal over the stove on medium heat and I served it over sticky rice. We also like this meal over Kung Fu noodles, but I will save that for another post.

Meet my Japanese rice cooker, her name is Ai-chan {pronounced I-chan}. Since living in beloved Nihon, I can't use anything else!


On to dessert...my version of a homemade "Pazookie". A "What?" you say. A Pizza-Cookie, which is deliciousness (aka store bought cookie dough) pressed into a small pan.........
Baked in the oven at 375 for 15minutes.....
And topped with Vanilla ice cream, drizzled with your favorite carmel and chocolate sauces.
On Fridays, we love to make it an extra "special" night with the kids. So we find a fun family movie to rent, close all the blinds, gather around our coffee table with our pillows and blankies, and DIG IN to the silkiness of the ice cream and crunchy sweetness of the cookie. Its like a brownie sundae, but better.

2 comments:

  1. That cookie looks so delicious! I will have to make that for the fam very soon! Yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks divine! I could use one of those right about now. :)

    ReplyDelete