Find Us on Facebook!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Mom's cookies

I got this recipe from my mom, she is the author. I'm SOOO grateful, because they are mine & my husband's favorite. I try and keep this cookie dough in my freezer at all times (you know, when you need a "go to" dessert, friends are coming over and I have not prepared a darn thing, or just because I feel  like eating a cookie, RIGHT NOW!!)

I love to cook really yummy food, BUT....At heart, I am a dessert girl! (Hence the two posts today are desserts!) And I also really like cookies in the category of sweets.   My favorite cookie growing up that I made all the time was a peanut butter cookie. I still love those, but my mom's cookies are at the top now.



Christyn's Cookie Recipe

2 cubes butter, softened
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup sugar
4 eggs
1 cup veg. oil
1 T vanilla
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
4 1/2 cups flour
12 oz. pkg milk choc. chips
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans toasted
2 1/2 cups oatmeal

Cream together butter and sugar. Then add eggs, oil and vanilla to creamy mixture. Add dry ingredients, mix well and fold in the last three ingredients. Bake @ 375 for 9 minutes.

Enjoy, and just a warning, you might have to make a double batch, they go VERY fast! I have to keep the baked cookies in my freezer just so I don't pop them in like popcorn. YES...the warning is real!!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, those look wonderful Stacy. Thanks for all your great recipes I love checking them out.

    ReplyDelete