Find Us on Facebook!

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Teriyaki Flank Steak

Looking for a healthy meal? But also one that has all the flavor? Well, this is it! When you think of frozen food, typically healthy and flavorful don't come to mind. This recipe will change your thinking, because this Flank Steak is DELISH! The key to freezer meals, is having fresh fruit and vegetables to add as side dishes. I love fresh food, so..... Yes. You can have fresh and frozen all in the same meal (although you aren't eating your meal frozen, duh!)


Teriyaki Flank Steak
Ingredients:
2.5-3 lb flank steak
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 large clove garlic, minced
1 tsp ground ginger
2Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp veg. oil
1 Tbsp dried minced onions

Directions:
Put all ingredients into a gallon size ziplock bag, seal tightly getting all air out. Label/date and Freeze!

When ready to eat, thaw completely.

For grill: turn heat to medium/low. Cook on each side for 5-8 minutes done to liking.

For oven: heat oven to low broil. Bake on each side for 5-8 minutes done to liking.

Let meat rest for 10 minutes before slicing against the grain. Serve with grilled portabella mushrooms, corn on the cob, and spinach salad, or any of your favorite grilled veggies!


I have to share one more thing... Recently we went to Disneyland this summer. One of my favorite things I love to eat at the park is a Chili-Lime Corn on the Cob. As we were eating corn with this dish, I decided to replicate my own Chili-Lime Cob. This was an afterthought as I prepared dinner, so I went searching through my spice cupboard and sprinkled this and added a dash of that and, it was pretty darn close to the real thing. Except we ate sweet white corn instead of the typical yellow corn at the park. This was such a treat, I felt like I was right back in Disneyland with each bite!

Ingredients:
Corn on the cob
Butter (I use spray butter, don't hate me!)
2 tsp lime zest
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp dried cilantro flakes

Directions:
Boil as many corn on the cob as you like. Spread butter on each cob, with a sprinkle of the lime zest, chili powder and cilantro flakes to liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment